Monday, August 2, 2010

My Landmark Forum

I have heard of Landmark Education for many years in my search for personal development. Landmark was started around 40 years ago as EST training and has distilled the best of personal development and the study of the human condition.

I know many people who are teachers of this work, due to there involvement in the same spiritual path as me. Still I did not know what to expect, and actually that's how I like to walk into a new experience, with an open mind and heart.

I took the workshop in Philly because a number of my friends were attending in NYC and from a suggestion of a coach of mine I chose to go it alone.

In the first 15 minutes after explaining a certain term used in Landmark, I was sold that I was going to get a lot out of this weekend.

What i got:

The best way to live life is from your beingness. To be fully expressed just like the sun. The sun is totally authentic not worrying what people think about the sun. So just be the unique you that you are.

Things happen in life and we interpret those happenings, and create stories from them. The result of this is misconceptions and ruined relationships. During the course we made phone calls to those we had stories with and it was amazing how things cleaned up. We had participants bring people, mothers, fathers, relatives, and past intimate partners to the last open day of the course, some hadn't spoken for 20 years and they were all crying together.

Those with teens got to hear from teens who just told it like it is about how they feel as teen. This was such a wake up call for me and many others.

We spend our lives trying to look good and avoid looking bad for others, putting on an act. People get this at some level and just you to be you so they can be them.

Best of all we saw that we all have the same dis-ease. Being Human. The problem is that we act like we are just this stimulus response machine, because we are.

The true fact is you are the thinker behind your thoughts, the director of your play, the one who chooses to invent life as you want.

If we accept that we are human and that we behave in a very conditioned way, then we are free to create from a blank space anything we chose that aligns and comes from our beingness.

This Sunday August 8th at 10am on WSYR 570am Syracuse, I will be interviewing one of the senior teachers of this work. Or go to Landmark Education

There will be a Landmark Forum coming to Utica in the beginning of October, click the link right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment