Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A day to myself, a rare treat


Sometimes we just need a day to ourselves.

This day I had on Saturday. My dog died, my younger son is in Lithuania with his mom and my older son is working at the Renaissance faire.

It was just me, my tractor, and high grass. Found the part to fix the steering bar I broke the other day distracted by the dog dying. Mowed the high grass till the deck went on fire from a faulty part. Fixed that part and clean the mice stuffing out of the engine preventing me from restarting it.

I actually had the time and space to start, stop, start again and finish. It took one full day of this to reset myself. A vacation at home, doing projects and completing them.

When have you taken a day, half day or a few days to be with you? Depending on your situation pick one that works for.

Had a great day Sunday. Went to friend's house on Skaneateles lake and swam, hot tubed, and swam some more.

Check out his web site mindbodysmile.com for his daily intention.

Have a great day,

Dr. Steve




No comments:

Post a Comment