Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Looking in for #1


There are many ways to know yourself.

First to ask who am I?

In many paths I have taken this phrase comes up many times.

In Humanity in Unity the spiritual organisation I teach for we ask these 4 questions:

Who am I?

Why do i suffer?

What do i do to create this suffering?

How can I recreate a life without this pattern?

In many paths of inquiry we ask who am I?, even though we spent our life trying to find out who everyone else is. We try to find our identity by looking outward.

The work Kathy and I do each morning give us the opportunity to look inwards by asking ourselves questions. We are actually done with our workbook and are reviewing things before we send it in to David Essel our teacher to look over, a step of accountability.

We asked ourselves:

What are our greatest strengths?

What are our greatest challenges or weaknesses?

What to we resist, deny or delay in life?

These really give us clues to who we are, the layers around the pearl of our existence.

Take some time to answers the questions in the blog today, and go deep, give at least a half page for each question. Go back a few days from now and add to it.

Looking in for #1



No comments:

Post a Comment