Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bad case of the dogs.

Had a bad case of the dogs yesterday.

My dog BJ is dying, he has a tumor in his spleen and has gone through many of the same stages my mom went through and many other hospice patients do.

Yesterday afternoon I picked up my younger son at the sitter. I had BJ in the stroller because he cannot walk far. I am watching a dog for a friend, who has become the hospice nurse and sits and hangs with BJ all day. Kathy came along with her new guide dog Sandra.

Picked up V-man, I call my son that and he sat we the dog in his carriage, how dare the dog sit there. He compromised and they sat together.

We were walking back and I pulled out my new flip CAM and made a video of Kathy pushing the carriage with the dogs and V-man, very cute and funny.

I will post it here.


By the way the camera is great. I have convinced Kathy it is on all the time and she is so nice to me. Did you ever think that our higher power, angels and God is always watching. Wow what a concept.

How would you act differently if you were in the eye of a camera all the time?

Think reality show in the beginning and towards the end of the season.

Felt a sore throat coming on last night, resisted the story that this was going to change my tomorrow. Watch Invictus with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon. Great movie about South Africa and Apartheid and how rugby was a healing force, imagine that. Nelson Mandela used the Invictus to get him through his long prison time.

It was so timely with South Africa hosting the World cup soccer matches and the politics that have come with North Korea, France, USA, and African host countries. This is how the Olympics were born to work out our stuff on the field.

Now we do this blogs and you Tubes.

Here is the poem that the movie name came from:

Invictus
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Fell this in your pure soul and know it is us who see our faults and short comings of our Body, Mind, and Emotions, though our soul is untouched, let this part shine through and be uncovered. Show who you truly are to all. Take steps each day to connect with this soul, and uncover and let it shine.

Blessings to all,

Dr. Steve

1 comment: