Thursday, June 24, 2010

Big Daze, Big Knights, Early Morn

Lost my Voice yesterday, if that is not a metaphor.

Still had a full day. Brought Kathy to work at the Gym. Went to my Service or Seva project, taking care of the men at Teen Challenge. I have been going there 1x a week for the last 2 and a half years. I adjust 10-15 men each time I go and get to see the results over weeks and months and see the graduates come back to serve.

These men 18-60 years old and I mean old, have hit the bottom many times. This program which cost nothing to them brings them back from the bottom step by step in a strict program of study and service to God.

They have great success I believe because they put in the time necessary even if it takes 2 years. A 35% success rate in addiction is amazing.

It is hard work each day for these men, that's why it works because they work it.

To donate time and money to Teen Challenge go to: http://www.syracusetc.com/

I brought a friend to AA years ago. Since I stop drinking when I was 22, it was an eye opener to see how addictions ruin people's lives, not only their own.

It made me look at my addictions in life, especially the socially acceptable ones:

What are you addicted to: money, shopping, being liked, internet, phone, texting, food, sex?

Look in life at things you cannot do without, things if I said don't do that for a month would bring up your stuff.

Blessing,

Dr. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment